Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Stress vs Animal Intuitive Energy Work

Tomorrow Tesla goes to our veterinarian to get spayed. She is 14 months old and after going through one heat cycle and doing a lot of research, I've made the decision to proceed with the procedure. I am not a dog breeder so I know it is the responsible dog owner thing to do. Yet, I feel terrible about removing important parts that aren't broken. As we get closer to her surgery time, I feel my stress increasing and that dog owner mom in me worries when she is out of my sight and I must entrust her care in someone else's hands even though I have total trust and respect for our vet.

When my animals are sick or needing care, it becomes harder to do my intuitive energy work on them. Stress and intuitive work are counter to each other. Despite years of working intuitively with animals, helping many, many animals with various issues, I find helping my own is so much harder than helping other people's animals. I have that close heart connection to them since they are my kids. My worry and other life issues interfere with me being able to focus and do energy work on them. My animals pick up my worry and often try helping ME instead of ME helping THEM! That makes me feel worse of course! Having someone else that has intuitive abilities or asking for others to help send energy to my animals is important because there are times when even the expert needs help. However, I work hard to park my issues aside during the critical periods when my animals need my skills as an intuitive energy worker. It means me having to do a lot of deep breaths to clear my own stress and issues aside so I can focus sending energy to them. Forcing myself to stay focused is the hardest thing I do at these times because a big part of me just wants to freak. Yet if this gift that has been given to me and that I have spent years honing can't be used when my animals need it, then I'd feel pretty cruddy about that too. So I remind myself to breath, picture that white light going to my animal in need and stay focused. There is time after the energy is no longer needed that I can have a good cry and meltdown.

As I coach people learning to communicate and do energy work with their animals, there are times when it is quite ok and terrific to have an expert you can call upon and have them help you during those moments when it is just too hard to separate yourself from your emotions and the needs of your animals. Our love for them is so deep and so connected that it is really hard to do. You would think connecting to our own animals is easier, yet I tell people all the time, go practice with other animals because it is truly easier to learn on other animals besides our own. I often offer my alpacas to new learners because they are easy to tap into and work with intuitively. Our animals listen to our subconscious chatter all the time so they tune us out for their own sanity. So finding other animals and supporting other people's animals is a really great way to learn and build your confidence.

So tomorrow morning, if you feel like sending Tesla a little healing energy to aid her in breezing through her spay procedure, she and I would appreciate the extra light and energy given her.

Tesla now 14 months old going into be spayed




No comments:

Post a Comment